Information about the BP petroleum company:
The BP petroleum company is an English group; it is one of the global leaders in the oil sector. But it engages in diverse activities that can be categorised as follows:
- The major part of its turnover, approximately 91.5% in fact, comes from its main activity of oil refining and distribution. In total, over 7 million barrels of crude oil and refined oil are sold every day by this company.
- Another smaller part of its turnover, amounting to 8.1%, results from the exploration and production of hydrocarbons.
BP obtains over half its turnover internationally.
About the BP petroleum company shares:
Shares of the BP petroleum company are quoted on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and also form part of the FTSE 100 stock market index. In 2014 the company achieved a turnover of €620,192,000.
The general trend of the price of this asset over the last ten years has been fairly bearish but without any major sudden drops in the price. This period can also be noted for the many rising correction movements and a strong fall in the price in June 2010.
How to invest in shares of the BP petroleum company?
To buy shares in the BP petroleum company you will need to use a Forex trading platform that offers the use of CFDs on stock market assets. With these Contracts for Difference you can invest in the buying or selling of these assets from large petroleum companies such as BP as well as Total and many others while simultaneously speculating on the price per barrel of oil.
A price analysis of BP shares will provide you with good indications on the direction that the price may move and will enable you to implement effective strategies. But we also recommend that you follow data from the petroleum sector such as that relating to production, demand and OPEC decisions.
Some advice for the effective trading of BP oil company shares:
If you plan to invest in the share price of the BP petroleum company using CFDs you should develop an effective analytical strategy in order to best anticipate future price variations. To do so here is some simple advice for you to follow:
- Favour technical analysis: The stock market charts that you find on your broker’s website will enable you to display several different technical indicators that will be very useful for a trend analysis of the share price on the stock markets. Whatever the strategy that you use, we recommend that you use them habitually to assist you in better anticipating future movements in the BP share price.
- Follow the financial accounts of the company: The publishing of the yearly financial accounts of the BP Company, and the announcement of the dividends, are key moments for taking position on this share price. You will find this information on the BP website or in the news flow of your broker.
- Analyse the competition: To trade effectively in BP shares you should also take into account the competition in this sector and therefore the news, events and financial figures of each of the major actors in the oil and gas sector. You will thereby be in a better position to evaluate the interest of BP for its investors and therefore the probable movements of its share price.
- Follow the news and the oil price: The share prices of the large petroleum companies such as BP are of course influenced by the price of crude oil. It is therefore important to keep an eye on this data for guidance.
- Consult the news and events relating to the BP Group: To do this you can subscribe to a news flow or consult the current events supplied by your broker. You will find a variety of valuable information about BP such as new sites or new contracts signed by this company.
By using all these methods you will be able to implement an effective investment strategy for trading in BP shares online. Do not forget to apply a strict and well thought out money management strategy to ensure that your investment capital is not at risk by particularly limiting the use of the leverage effect and by diversifying your investments through a variety of non related assets.